An estimated 2.2 million weddings take place every year in the United States. With that figure, most adults will attend between 6 to 12 receptions in their lifetime.
So planning a memorable one that stands out from the crowd can be challenging, but not impossible. Below are some really fun examples you may want to steal to keep your reception from becoming one giant blur to guests.
- Invest in an artist to create a beautiful image during the reception, and guests can watch as their own image comes alive on canvas. Plus it’s a keepsake for you and your husband to be enjoyed for the rest of your lives.
- To get the crowd moving, have a good old fashioned scavenger hunt. Coordinate a few items hidden in various places around the venue and the DJ calls out what the items are. The guest with the most items wins a prize.
- A high end photo booth that also captures video is a great way to add life to any party. Guests enjoy the process of posing with friends and leaving video messages to the happy couple. Plus they get to leave with a keepsake of their own smiling faces.
- Wedding Couple Trivia: Write down several questions and answers about you, your fiancé or you as a couple. Then have your DJ ask the audience some of the questions. If anyone calls out the right answer, they either get a prize, a free drink, or perhaps a trip to the buffet line before it opens to the crowd. Continue this between songs and or throughout the night, if there are enough questions.
- Hire a comedian. Give him some background on the two of you so that he can come up with some relevant material on your relationship or just have him stick to wedding/honeymoon/marriage material. Have him perform right after dinner and if possible, keep it a secret so there aren’t any expectations.
- Pick a theme and run with it. If it’s based on a particular movie/story or historical time frame, heavily decorate to reinforce the theme and have everyone dress the part.